Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Round 2 - Kievit

My name is Paul Kievit. I was born on the island De Kraaienplaat and lived there till I married Susanne. She was a tourist, visiting our village and I fell for her at once. We moved to the city, where she started a career as a singer. I am a plumber and we lived from what I earned. Ten years ago we got a son, Alan.  






Things changed. Susanne was on TV in a talent scouting show. She became famous and traveled all over Europe. She was making more and more money. I always stayed at home with Alan, sometimes I did not see her for weeks. 
And then one day she told me she was going to Japan. So I said 'Japan? That is too far away. I don't want you to go. And I am not coming with you. I don't want to eat with sticks. And I don't want to be a plumber in Japan, I can't even understand the people there.'
But she said I was not supposed to come with her. She was going with her agent. 
So she left. Leaving me with the kid. Not a great loss. But I feel sorry for Alan. Not that he misses his mother very much, she is that stranger on TV, as far as he is concerned. But a child needs a mother, doesn't he? 
So I moved back to the village where I was born. I bought the old house of my aunt, who died last summer. 



Things have changed here a lot. Most young people left for the mainland. There are only old people here, especially in winter. In summer there are the tourists. Well, there are always some tourists, our island is famous for the birds who can live undisturbed in the dunes. 
But lately some new young people settled here. I have a nice new neighbor, his name is Arnoud and he knows more about the history of this place than I do. 



He lives with his little niece Brenda. That is nice for Alan, to have another child around. They are good friends. They go to school on the mainland, every morning they have to get up early for the schoolbus and then they go with the ferry. It's a long day for those kids, but I did the same when I was a child and I never did mind. 




Arnoud and his friend Kaylynn have plans for this islands, to bring the tourists back. Kaylynn started a shop and a restaurant and Arnoud created a website and is offering his service as a guide for tourists. 
There is not that much that I can do for them, as I am only a plumber, but I did help them a bit with their houses. It's nice to have friends around.



Still, I need to find a job here. I tried at the new military base, but they did not have a job for a plumber. So now I found something as gas station attendant. Just to make some money. 



As a hobby I started painting again.



And then this nice blonde lady was at our little shop. She had been on a tour along our historical villages and was interested in architecture. I know something about that. So we got to talk. And from one thing came the other... 



She moved in with me, it is nice to have a woman around in the house again. Though she is a good cook, she is sometimes a bit distracted by her computer games. She likes to play the Sims, she said. We once had a fire while she was not paying attention. 



But she has the right to have her hobbies, I don't mind. I can cook very well myself. 
I think I am really in love with her. Her name is Allyn. Soon we will be married. 






-o-o-o-o-


Households: 4
Playable Sims: 9
CAS Sims: 2/4
Businesses player owned: 3
NPC business: 1 (military, does not count)
Careers unlocked: Military, 1 Law Enforcement (for Arnoud), 1 Business, 1 Slacker (for Paul)
Fires: 4
Burglaries: None
Sim Multiplier: 2
Population: 18


No comments:

Post a Comment