Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Round 2 - Tureluur

My name is Tom Tureluur and I work for the army. I have been transfered to this island, to investigate all the ufo reportings that came from this place. Of course ufo's are just a fantasy of these ignorant islanders, or maybe they have seen a weather balloon, or a satellite, but our government takes these things very seriously, so here I am. And, as my boss Sandy Bruty told me, this is top secret. I am not allowed to tell anybody why I am here for. 





I arrived at night at this place. The army chose this house because it has a balcony which is not visible from the street. Here I can spy the skies without anybody noticing me. 



I reported to head quarters that I have arrived. 



They sent me a map and told me to dig up my equipment. 




And at night I was on my post at the balcony with my telescope. I did not expect anything to happen, so I was in my PJ's. 


The first week nothing much happened. I met my commander Sandy. 


I told her this was ridiculous. I am trained to defend our country, not to spend my time on some backward island, chasing non existing aliens. But she said it was an order and that I should shut up and continue my duty. 

And then one night it happened.... I am still a bit ashamed to talk about it... 
I was watching the skies when suddenly a green light came nearer and nearer... 
I stood there frozen, just watching. This was not a satellite nor a weather balloon, this was... 


What on earth was it? A blue ray came out and started lifting me up, pulling me to a hole. I tried to resist, but it was very strong. 





I lost conscience. The next thing I remember is that I fell on the sidewalk. 



And this... thing... disappeared. Just like that. 


I had pain everywhere. And I felt so sick. I did not know what happened to me. Only that I was scared. 
I reported to HQ and Sandy came over at once. I don't think she really believed me and I can't blame her. 


She told me to write a report and then get some sleep. She promised to be back the next week. And I should continue my observations. Maybe next time I could make a photograph? A photograph? I was lucky to come back alive! 

The next morning my breakfast tasted strange. I could not eat it all. And afterwards I was very sick. 



I was so miserable, I could hardly make it to my bed. And when I woke up I was starving. I barely had the time to eat and then fell back in my bed. Sleep and food, that was all I needed. I was living in a fever. Everything hurt and all my strength had left me. Was this some biological experiment with a new virus? 

I found some strange green bottles in my fridge that had not been there before... 

I phoned Sandy that I was sick and I needed help. She was not very compassionate. 'What do you mean, you could hardly make it to the phone?' she said. 


She came over and was not very amused when she saw my house. 
"Couldn't you clean up a bit now and then? Look, there are dirty dishes everywhere, you even got bugs. And you don't smell very well yourself. This is government property and should be kept in perfect state."


She started spraying the insects. "And why are you not wearing your uniform? You look ridiculous."
I told her that my uniform did not fit me anymore. "What do you mean it does not fit you? Of course it fits you! You just should not stay in your lazy bed all day, you are out of shape. And why didn't I get a new report from you?"


Yes, was a bit fat, I noticed it too. I told Sandy that I needed to go to the hospital or at least to the military base, that I was infected with some strange extraterrestrial virus. She said I should stay right where I was and left again. 

So I was there all alone, feeling miserable and growing rounder and rounder. And then one night I felt a terrible pain. It lasted for hours. And all alone in this lonely house I... how can I explain this? You won't believe it. I gave birth. Yes. To a baby. It was green. And I loved it at once. 



I knew at once that I had to give it one of those green bottles. It was hungry. It was a boy and I called him Sander. I named him after my commander Sandy, hoping she would like him too. I was feeling silly. But not sick anymore. 


I reported to HQ and Sandy came over the next day. I don't know if she was surprised or that she had expected this. 


She must have been prepared in some way, because she brought me a crib and diapers for Sander. All in army green of course. 'This is top secret, you stay here and take care of the baby.'


I begged her to stay or to send anybody for help, as I don't know what to do with babies. 
Finally she agreed to move in, she said 'Okay, I will help you study this infant.'
But she wanted her own bedroom, so she moved Sander and his crib to the hall, she said he would not mind and she wanted some privacy for herself if her girlfriend wanted to visit her. 


Her girlfriend? Oh no... was this a good idea to invite her in? 


-o-o-o-o-

Households: 4+1 = 5
Playable Sims: 9 + 3 = 12
CAS Sims: 3/4
Businesses player owned: 3
NPC business: 1 (military, does not count)
Careers unlocked: Military, 1 Law Enforcement (for Arnoud), 1 Business, 1 Slacker (for Paul)
Fires: 4
Burglaries: None
Sim Multiplier: 2
Population: 24


No comments:

Post a Comment